Most Recent Posts...
Creating Participant Lists for Multiple Classes
For some of us the school year has already started and others the school year is just beginning. I really encourage users to start using participant lists as soon as they are comfortable with basic polling. This way you'll be able to track data and progress over time, from the beginning to the end of the school year. For those of you that have more than one class, consider this little trick for creating rosters without having to hand enter the device ID's for each class.
1. Use the Participant List wizard to create your list. Add all relevant fields/groups you want.
2. Enter the device ID (the number under the barcode) from the back of the response card into the participant list. Do not add names or other student information, we'll add that later.
3. Save the list (make sure you know where you saved it).
4. Go to where the list is saved and use the copy/paste functions of your OS to make a copy of the list for each of your classes.
5. Rename the list for each class. Make sure the list has the .tpl file extension.
6. To edit the list and add names, go to your TurningPoint toolbar>Participants>Edit a Participant list. Browse to your list and add your student names and information.
7. *If you have your class list in Excel, you can copy and paste your student information from the Excel sheet into your Participant List.
Have a great school year!
The Clicker Lady